When you first initiate a deposit into your iFlip account you will immediately see your funds reflected in the "Account Value" section of your iFlip app. However, these funds cannot be used as "buying power" until your money transfer fully settles.
Generally it takes 2-3 business days for your funds to settle. The time of day you initiate your deposit will play a factor in how long the settlement process takes. If your request is made before 1:00pm (PST), your transfer should settle in 2 trading days. If your request is made after 1:00pm (PST), your transfer will likely settle in 3 trading days.
**Please note: Weekends and national holidays are not considered trading days**
Example #1 (2 trading day timeline):
- John Doe enters a deposit request for $100 on Tuesday at 12:00pm (PST)
- John immediately notices $100 reflected in the 'Account Value' section of his iFlip mobile app, but is not yet showing up as buying power.
- On Thursday John checks his iFlip app and notices the $100 has now showing up as buying power. John can now use these funds to trade.
Example #2 (3 trading day timeline):
- Susan Doe enters a deposit request for $100 on Thursday at 3:00pm (PST)
- Susan immediately notices $100 reflected in the 'Account Value' section of her iFlip mobile app, but is not yet showing up as buying power.
- Susan must wait 3 trading days. Since weekends are not considered trading days, Susan will see her funds show up as buying power on Tuesday.
**The above assumes your bank account has been successfully linked to your iFlip account, and you have the available funds in your bank account to initiate the deposit"